Welcome Aboard!

A nostalgic journey of the US Navy Boiler Technicians who worked in the Oil Lab on board the USS John F. Kennedy CV-67.

Monday, September 17, 2007

Ghost in #2 Pump Room


Big John now sits at Pier 6 (what used to be pier 2) at Norfolk NOB. I hear that she sits there with only one person patrolling her P-ways at any given time. Can you imagine being the only person on that big ol' girl? That would have to be an eerie feeling, especially knowing about the ghost in #2 Pump Room...right Griff?
BT3 Hannah(Dooley)

2 comments:

Chris said...

Dooley

Yeah, I can remember an eerie feeling came across me one time down in the pump room. As I recall I sensed something like the ghostly apparition of a woman. Something like a sea-hag.

I also remember an incident where a FN Shaw was sent to #2 Pump Room and someone jumped up from the bilges with a mask on and just about scared him to death! Do you remember?

BT3 JUNE said...

yea dooley remembers getting intemitt with his self in the "ol girl"(#2 pumproom)why were you butt @## nacked again dooley,maybe the "ol girl" he refers to is named Rosie Palm, was she from bama to. BT3 JUNEBUG